Thursday, November 18, 2010

There's A First Time For Everything.


I got in my first "official" car accident today. Remember
my super cute 2010 BMW 128i I got for graduation...? Her name is tiger lily, and she is hurt :( I got rear-ended on fairfax and 3rd, by an Indian family who barely spoke English. When I got out of the car and the husband came out to talk to me all he said was "oh have you been driving around too much today"

ummmmm seriously!?

It is freaking my fault that you weren't paying attention and kept on the gas when my break lights were on. Alright then. His car resulted in both the air bags coming out and the whole front of his car completely smashed. The back of Tiger Lily is pretty scratched and dented but it could be worse. The car I ended up hitting in front of me because of a bumper car affect was completely fine, so was the front of my car.

I ended up going to Cedars-Sinai (Big Hospital in Los Angeles) because I have to be careful with head injuries because of my Epilepsy. This is the hospital by the way that all the celebrities check themselves into before they go to rehab. As soon as I got there I was sitting by a 50 year old lady who left her sunglasses on the whole entire time (my guess is she was famous). Explaining to me that it was going to be a 4 hour wait and she
couldn't believe it because they knew who she was and they knew her name. She resulted to the security guard complaining to the staff telling them "who" she was. Didn't catch her name but she said she liked my Michael Kors watch thinking it was a Rolex.

As soon as I finally got in the doctor came to see me. He was Asian and I couldn't pronounce his first or last name. He shook my hand and introduced himself as Dr. Ho. It took every bone in my body not to laugh. I told him what happened and he was concerned about my headache because I hadn't hit my head. Half an Hour later he came and asked if I still had a headache I said yes. Another half and hour later he asked if I still had a headache. Another half an hour later asked if I still had a headache. Each and every time my reply was yes.

..... ANOTHER HALF AN HOUR LATER ASKED IF I STILL HAD A HEADACHE!!!

Really? This time Dr. Ho replied in saying "Lets do a CT Scan to check for brain bleeding"

Wow, great. I have been sitting her a full 3 hours to learn that I might have bleeding in my brain. Oh and my car is ruined.
I finally get my CT Scan (I got through that quick because I have had a handful or two in my lifetime meaning they didn't have to go through all the procedures) once again I wait another half hour for Dr. Ho. In the end, I left at about 9:13.
4 Hours at Cedars-Sinai.
My day had completed by coming home and making an amazing bowl of Ramen to cheer me up. Oh and Danielle's grandma's peanut butter fudge she sent us! :) I think it is time to call it a day.... can't wait to wake up with an excruciating pain in my neck and back! All thanks to the little Indian Family who wasn't paying attention.

P.S. In this picture it looks completely fine. It's not, trust me. Tiger Lily definitely has some injuries right now.

Interesting day in L.A.-Kellie Anne

1 comment:

  1. dang kellie!! that sounds like a rough day!! ): sorry hope LA is great, besides that! haha

    ReplyDelete