Friday, May 6, 2011

Change can be VERY good.

Spring Semester is 4 weeks in and it is absolutely killing me! I am taking Drafting, Digital Imaging, World Art, and Marketing and Brand Development. I can honestly say Drafting is one of the hardest things I have every done in my life. It is completely learning how to draw out blue prints. Seriously? I am not an architect nor a interior designer, I have to say it is one of the pointless classes I will be taking at FIDM. Digital Imaging definitely isn't one of my favorite classes either. I swear I am not an idiot when it comes to computers but Adobe Illustrator is damn hard. My other 2 classes are just classes, not too hard, just lots of work. However it is getting pretty hard to go to class in all this nice weather, 85 degrees here in LA! I don't know how on earth I am gonna get through Summer Semester. It will definitely be a MAJOR challenge.

The best news I am bringing is that I got a new job at Nordstrom! (Hopefully this becomes permanent!) Today was my 3rd day and I couldn't be happier! I can't believe how much I have been enjoying it and how fast time goes! At my past jobs, (even Abercrombie with all my best friends) I would watch the clock minute by minute to see when I would get off. I seriously do not look at the clock and I am off work within 1 hour it seems! There is always something to do, something to try on, or something to sell! Everyone in the company has been so nice welcoming me and giving me advice! I also love the thought of following in my mother's footsteps! I know she is proud of me which makes me feel amazing :)

As much as I love love love love love working at Nordstrom, I miss Kitson uh-lot! I miss my friends there SO much! That was definitely the hard part of leaving, along with my amazing discount ;) I hope that I get to stay close to them as I continue living in LA because I really feel close to all of them!

Besides work and school, last week my whole life revolved around The Royal Wedding. I am SO completely OBSESSED with Kate Middleton. I think it is so cool that my mom's style icon one of her fave celebrities was Princess Diana as with me Kate Middleton. It is so weird how time passes and what happens. The wedding was so so incredible annnnnnd, THE DRESS! I was a little worried that Kate would do something either
1. Too Simple. Considering she is a commoner, and very very simple as well as a minimalist (not like it's a bad thing)
OR 2. Something a little too Modern, like she was trying too different.
I am SO happy I was wrong. She went with something so classic and beautiful by Sarah Burton, and like I had hoped she wore The Queen's Cartier Tiara :) People can hate, or wonder why the heck people even care about The Royal Wedding when it is such a big deal! Rather than it is a Real-Life-Fairytale, with a prince and a princess. It is such a big part of history. It shows that The Church of England is still the Longest Running Monarchy and how amazing tradition can be. I'm a little obsessed :)



Sorry I have been such a bad blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment